Senior Web Developer
The Senior Web Developer, as part of the Scrum Team, is responsible for designing, developing and testing technical solutions and contributing to the team delivering a quality product that meets the clients' requirements. They will also act as a mentor within the team.
- Understand and be able to communicate the technical concepts and the client requirements to ensure delivery of a high quality technical solution.
- Understand and be able to explain the roles and responsibilities within the Scrum Team and how to work within an Agile environment.
- Contribute clean code to ensure consistent delivery of high quality to the standard expected within the team.
- Do peer code review and provide constructive feedback.
- Be able to write user stories and guide other team members to do so.
- Contribute to manuals and/or technical documentation of implementation and configuration.
- Identify system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Understand the connectedness of all departments within Web Essentials and how to work with them to achieve the project outcomes.
- Provide more complicated automated tests and understand the test driven development concept and collaborate with QA.
- Be able to give accurate rough estimations and point out dependencies between issues.
Experience, qualifications, and skills
- Proficiency in HTML/XHTML/CSS and HTML5/CSS3.
- Knowledge of JSON/Ajax/SASS/XML.
- Can develop, integrate and configure extensions with Extbase / Flow.
- Excellent understanding of MVC pattern.
- Understanding of SQL commands and ORMs and how to backup and restore a database.
- Understanding of QA processes and tools like PhpUnit and Behat.
- Understanding continuous integration process and tools.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- High level of English communication.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Mentoring team members.
- Having big picture of used technologies and ability to understand complex architectural frameworks.
- Ability to communicate with clients and interpret their needs into technical details.
Feel like you’ve just read a description of yourself and your dream job? Apply now with your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation and how you are the best fit for this role.