Project Manager / Product Owner
Phnom Penh | Cambodia
Manages projects for several clients which includes handling of strategy, finances, operations and technology to ensure a successful outcome. Responsible for representing client side and company interests. Communicates with client, especially during production phase, and for Quality Assurance.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards and minimizes our exposure and risk on Agile projects.
- Takes responsibility for product and project vision
- Collects and implements technical (functional and non-functional) requirements and creating backlogs; continuously prioritizes user stories
- Organization of sprint planning and retrospectives
- Monitors cost, quality and deadline of projects
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Develops a test protocol for functional and technical testing
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to customer
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Participates in project team meetings when necessary to address critical issues and advice
- Recommends strategies for resolution of issues and provides direction and support to project team
- Ensures that all key decisions, feedback, questions and/or issues with customer have been thoroughly researched and communicated
- Can independently write a technical requirements specification or a technical concept
- Demonstrates leadership and confidence by proposing solutions to the customer; suggesting what should be done, how we will go about doing it, describing our assumptions and asking for feedback – rather than first asking the client for suggestions
- Shows insight into the root-causes of problems.
- Generates a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with each
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors and resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion and with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Customer consulting and design of solution approaches
- Customer communications, mind mapping, logging, results summary
- Prepares time estimates and quotes for new projects or larger changes of a project together with the sales team
- Cost estimation and preparation of proposalsUnderstands basic revenue models and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
Experience, qualifications, and skills
- 3+ years work experience
- Experience in Scrum and other Agile methodologies, a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; bilingual fluency in English
- Quality-oriented mindset, attention to details
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented; able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced
production environment, with a high-energy, proactive style; brings well developed sense of
urgency to all work
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability; highly proficient in organization and planning
- Commitment to Web Essentials' values and mission
Feel like you’ve just read a description of yourself and your dream job?
Apply now with your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation and how you are the best fit for this role.