Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Phnom Penh | Cambodia
The Chief Technology Officer works at the intersection of technology and human development. The role ensures the organization has skilled and competent human resources to deliver quality products to clients and provides leadership in all areas of technology: systems architecture, local development tools, QA processes, coding standards, and product development.
- Manage the delivery of technical leadership to the production department by ensuring the availability of appropriately skilled Tech Leads who provide advice and support to Agile teams and the quality of code deliveries in alignment with Web Essentials' standards and guidelines
- Identify the training needs of all technical staff from results of the PDPM process, performance gap analysis (e.g. technology radars), team goals, and feedback from department Managers and other relevant stakeholders to formulate the training strategies and plans which are aligned with business goals
- Oversight in problem solving technical obstacles and providing technical oversight on concepts
- Assist in the recruitment of staff with technical skills to ensure that the teams have the required mix of competent professionals to support production deliverables
- Assist in pre-sales activities
- Mentor technical specialists and senior staff and support them in becoming competent mentors to their teams
- Analyze external trends and internal capacity and recommend future direction for technology requirements and staff development to management and technical leads
- Develops requirements for new and advance products, as well as upgrades and progressive releases for existing products
- Advise on best practice and standards and introduce processes to improve and maintain code quality
- Manage the Learning and Technology budget to ensure the most cost-effective use of resources in maintaining Web Essentials position at the cutting edge of project delivery
- Develop and deliver a consistently high-quality internship program and partner with HR in converting talent each year in support of succession planning internally.
Experience, qualifications, and skills
- At least 10 years experience in product-engineering, object-oriented programming, software architecture, product management and mentoring developers
- At least 5 years experience in web and mobile based technologies with experience in multi-platform development, various social media platforms and APIs
- Experience leading a team of technical specialists, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver technology solutions in support of strategic business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve creatively individually and as a team
- Self-motivated and proactive in implementing ideas for change
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver effective learning and development environment in support of production delivery and success
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate across functions in providing a support service through learning and development initiatives
Feel like you’ve just read a description of yourself and your dream job?
Apply now with your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation and how you are the best fit for this role.